About NWLA Military Support Foundation
The Northwest Louisiana Military Support Foundation is a foundation that coordinates community support for our military families within Northwest Louisiana.
Our vision is to have a community where military families are celebrated, supported and recognized for their sacrifices.
Founded initially in 2009 as SB Squared (Shreveport-Bossier Supports Barksdale), this nonprofit came under the umbrella of the Bossier Chamber of Commerce in 2014. The name change was a result of expanding the reach of this organization to serve ALL military families living and serving in the northwest Louisiana region.
Who we serve
Support of our military families is key, as the northwest Louisiana area is home to approximately:
- 8,000+Active Duty Air Force
- 1,500Army Reserve
- 200Navy Reserve
- 15Active Navy
- 200Marine Reserve
- 11Active Marine
- 1700Air Force Reserve
- 20Active Duty Army
- 2,000LA Army National Guard
Why NWLA MSF?
- Our organization supports families of all branches of the military represented in all of northwest Louisiana, including active duty, reserve and guard.
- Bossier City is home to Barksdale Air Force Base as well as reserve units from the Army, Navy, Marine Corps and National Guard stationed here locally.
- Our foundation’s goal mirrors that of this community – to show our military families the appreciation we have for them and their sacrifices.
- The foundation seeks to be readily available to support our military families at all times, just as they are always ready to support us.
Chris Steinsholt- President
Suzette Hadden- Treasurer
West Anderson, Col. (ret)